Putting together a macro bowl for lunch or dinner is one of easiest ways to get all the goodness of foods in one sitting. It's also a great way to use up leftovers and whatever else is in the fridge and not let food go to waste, since these bowls can be assembled in endless combinations: various grains, beans, vegetables and pickled vegetables, fruit, greens, herbs, seaweeds, seeds, nuts, seafood, chicken, cheeses, etc.
What's even more glorious, though, is the combination of Udo's Oil Blend and turmeric. They are two peas in a health pod. The active ingredient in turmeric (curcumin) is fat-soluble. When taken in combination with oil, it boosts the absorption of the curcumin and its benefits. Conversely, turmeric has been shown to boost DHA in the brain, so they perfectly compliment each other. In other words, they are better together than apart. Or as Aristotle so aptly put it: The whole is greater than the sum of its parts!
Want to learn more about the important roles omega fats play in health and our 100% plant-based and certified organic Udo’s Oil 3·6·9 Blend? We put together some helpful information for you here.
Makes 8 servings
- ¼ cup tahini
¼ cup warm water
¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon Udo’s Oil 3·6·9 Blend
2 teaspoons light soya sauce
¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- A pinch of ground ginger or a bit of grated fresh ginger root
- Combine all ingredients in a small mixing bowl and whisk until combined. Chill until ready to use;
- Drizzle 1/8 of the dressing onto each macro bowl. Store any remaining dressing in a well-sealed glass container in the fridge and use within a few days.
Recipe and food styling by Justina Yong. Photograph by FotoFarm.