Carrying around a few extra un-welcomed pounds that just kind of crept up on you? If so, you're not alone. The struggle is real and no one understands this better than our friend LA-based trainer Ashley Borden, who you may have seen on The Kelly Clarkson Show, Revenge Body with Khloe Kardashian, or The Shahs of Sunset. She's completely devoted herself to helping you find that lasting change. So, if you're ready to transform yourself, she will teach you how to do this through physical exercise and food that heals.
Taken from Ashley's S.O.S. Food Plan: How To Set Your Food Foundation and Live Lean, one of her favorite smoothies for replenishing the body is her Chocolate Banana Protein Smoothie. Most importantly, it's rich in potassium, fiber, antioxidants, protein, and fresh, certified organic omega oils from Udo's Oil 3·6·9 Blend. For a boost of energy and vitality, Ashley adds some maca root powder.
Want to learn more about the important roles omega fats play in health and our 100% plant-based and certified organic Udo’s Oil 3·6·9 Blend? We put together some helpful information for you here.
ASHLEY'S CHOCOLATE BANANA PROTEIN SMOOTHIE
Makes 2 servings (about 24 oz.)
- 1 medium banana
- 2 cups organic almond milk or coconut water
- 1-4 scoops plant-based Non-GMO protein powder
- 2 tablespoons Udo’s Oil 3·6·9 Blend
- ⅓ teaspoon maca root powder
- 1-2 dates (optional if you like it sweeter)
- Small handful of cacao nibs
- 3 ice cubes (If you like a thicker shake, add more ice)
- Place all ingredients in a blender, placing heavier food items at bottom of the blender first. Blend on high speed for approximately 40 seconds;
- Adjust number of ice cubes for desired consistency and serve immediately.
Ashley Borden is an LA-based trainer and creator of the S.O.S Food Plan. Learn more about how she transforms people's lives on AshleyBorden.com.