The secret to a killer ‘healthy’ bowl is the dressing that ties it all together. Sweet, salty, tangy, and garlicky, this Roasted Garlic & Miso Dressing delivers the goods. But, don’t take our word for it. Try it for yourself and let us know what you think in the comments section below. If you love a little heat in your bowl, add a bit of chili sauce.
THE BENEFITS OF ADDING UDO’S OIL TO YOUR FOODS
In addition to getting your daily dose of fresh and undamaged omega oils required for health, adding our plant-based Udo’s Oil to your foods enhances the flavors, increases satiety, and improves the absorption of all the fat-soluble nutrients in your meal. From a health perspective, adding carefully-made omega-3 and omega-6 fats just makes sense.
HEALTHY BOWL + ROASTED GARLIC & MISO DRESSING
Serves up to 8 (Makes about 1 cup of dressing)
- 3 medium heads of garlic
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 6 tablespoons Udo’s Oil 3·6·9 Blend
- 3 tablespoons miso paste
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1-2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons warm water (plus more if needed for desired consistency)
- Pinch of salt and freshly ground white pepper (or black pepper), to taste.
FOR THE ROASTED GARLIC:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180 degrees Celsius);
- Keeping the garlic bulb intact, cut the tops of each bulb off just enough to expose the flesh of the garlic, then remove any loose skins from each bulb;
- Drizzle a bit of olive oil on the exposed tops. Use your finger to spread the oil around so it fully coats the exposed tops of the garlic cloves;
- Place garlic heads on a baking dish and cover with aluminum foil;
- Roast garlic (with foil on) for about 40 – 60 minutes, until the center of the garlic is completely soft;
- Once the roasted garlic has cooled, pinch the bottom of each clove to pop the garlic out of its skin;
FOR THE ROASTED GARLIC AND MISO DRESSING:
Along with the roasted garlic cloves, combine all other ingredients in a blender (a smaller one, like a magic bullet, is great for making dressings), adding Udo’s Oil and the warm water last, and blend until creamy. You may have to open the blender and scrape the ingredients off the insides of the blender and re-blend. Add more warm water to reach desired consistency, making sure not to over-water.
FOR THE HEALTHY BOWL ASSEMBLY:
- In serving bowls, divide cooked grains of your choice, wakame, and kimchi. Add a generous serving of edamame, slices of avocados, alfalfa sprouts, sugar snap peas, and steamed tempeh, and finally a drizzle of the roasted garlic and miso dressing over the top.
- Refrigerate unused dressing in a well-sealed glass container and use within a week.
Recipe and food styling by Justina Yong. Learn more: FeastByJustinaYong.com. Photography by FotoFarm.